Monday, May 22, 2006

whew


I feel much better.
People make it better. The era may be different and there may be different problems and benefits, but the people are the same. As much as we tease and moan about them, the people make it better. They are the job. And I love the job.

I think I also feel better because my supervisor, A, is very good. He thought of a good idea for a character which is surprisingly what I needed.
I wasn't able to really figure out why I was feeling so out of place, I couldn't vocalise what I was all that anxious about, but when A suggested a character I felt so much better. I figured out that all of the things that I felt so comfortable doing where character driven: the maid, the suffragette, the temperance supporter, etc. That's also why I guess I thought I would fit so well as the "European" Rowand daughter - a character that I can latch onto and work from.

This one's good too, he suggested a woman kind of in between. Someone who doesn't really fit at the Fort, but doesn't fit with a native group either. I'd be doing a lot of the survival sort of skills like trapping and cooking rabbits on spits. I know, I know, kinda funny considering the vegetarianism and all... but I like it. It makes me a little rough and tumble. Down and dirty.
The back story could be fun too, I think I'll say my husband fell off the boat. :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oooh, that sounds exotic, like a wild woman, or alternately, the female lead from "The Brother's Grimm". Now, if you get the rabbit, can I have the fur?

Kate Mc said...

Hahahaha... I was actually going to point out the Brothers Grimm resemblance as well. Sarah beat me to it. Smart girl.

Glad you're feeling better about things. =)