Sunday, May 14, 2006

love finally abounds


I have found love. Just kidding, not love, more of a strange infatuation with running around and kicking a spherical object. Makes you feel really good. Not that my soccer team has won a game yet. We've only played two. Not that we've even gotten any real goals. We lost last game 2-0 and tonight we lost 4-2. Now I say that none of the goals we're really solid because one was scored by them on their own net and the other was when they stopped playing 'cause they thought the ball was out when it wasn't.
My team is hilarious as well because they are sooo supportive of everything. We're a rec team, so it doesn't really matter and the majority of us, like myself, have never played before and are just learning as we go. We also don't have a steady goalie, so we're going to rotate. I volunteered for tonight and learnt that no, I am not the natural goalie I may appear to the untrained eye. But still, I think I did as well as could be expected.
I also get a little bit of an ego boost. Like I said, everyone is so supportive and they seem to think I'm amazing at anything I do. For example, I started the night with someone saying very adamantly that I could not play goal. I was confused, but this was clarified by "you can't play goal, you're our best forward!" Awww shucks. Thanks guys. blush blush.

oh. and T, cut your toenails, those puppies will go right through those moccasins if you're not carefull! ;)

No comments: