Sunday, February 25, 2007

Weird thing about me #4
Though I have to admit, this may be cheating a bit since I have a feeling this is something that everyone does. I don't know for sure, and I'm writing about it, so I justify this as weird thing about me #4.
I keep seeing people here that remind me of people at home. That's not so weird in and of itself, but I think it's extremely strange that the people I see always remind me of only minor acquaintances or lesser friends than the people I really care about. For example: 'hey, that girl looks/acts/has the exact same aura/ as someone in my first year English class.' And I was so sure that I'd seen this younger male with really long blond hair before that I considered asking if he lived in Edmonton, though I really don't know where I would have seen him or what his name is. I have a feeling he went to the same high school as I did, but I severely doubt this is the case.
See, reminding me of people I don't even know. Isn't that weird? I was thinking that maybe it's because I know these people less and just have a general impression of them. So when that general impression is matched, I'm reminded of the person. Whereas with my friends, I know more about you, you in my head is much more complex.
No, but that doesn't really work, because you could also argue that since I know more about you, there are more features and characteristics that could appear in someone else that would remind me of you thereby being statistically more probable.

huh. weird.

3 comments:

Magnolia said...

Specifically familiar would be creepy. Generally familiar is comforting. Makes perfect sense to me.

Kate Mc said...

Ok, so a phrase in there just caught my eye again...

Do you actually see peoples' auras? I don't know many people who do... And do you associate music with colours?

Crispy said...

no. no i do not. it would be cool though wouldn't it? that would have been weird thing about me number one if i could. You know how sometimes a person reminds you of someone even though you can't exactly pinpoint why since they look nothing alike? That's all I meant by having the same aura.