Saturday, February 24, 2007

what the hey

I'm jumping on the bandwagon. The really sad thing is that I already did this once on facebook and therefore am doubling my waste of time. But it feels like a time wasting sort of day. I should be starting on my next project or doing some german, but meh. I can justify a day off.

Life SoundtrackIF YOUR LIFE WAS A MOVIE, WHAT WOULD THE SOUNDTRACK BE?So, here's how it works:1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)2. Put it on shuffle3. Press play4. For every question, type the song that's playing5. When you go to a new question, press the next button6. Don't lie
Opening Credits:
a) The Flaming Lips 'Turn it on'. (Hey one that works well right of the bat!)
b) The Smalls 'My Chords like this'

Waking Up:
a) Mogwai 'auto rock' (This one is perfect... it's like my itunes knows...)
b) Marilyn Manson 'I don't like the drugs (but the drugs like me)' (So it's going to be that kind of a day is it?)

First day at High School:
a) Green day 'The grouch' (Perfect song number 3. this is getting weird)
b) The Trews 'Hollis and Morris'

Falling in Love:
a) Hayden 'pots and pans' (Seriously now... it's not just getting weird, it is weird. I think it's perfect, sort of a quirky falling in love)
b) The Shins 'fighting in a sack'

Fight Song:
a) Damien Rice 'Lonelily' (okay, this one and the Shins, above, should be reversed... itunes messed up a little... but still)
b) Smashing Pumpkins 'slow dawn' (guess I'm not much of a fighter)

Breaking Up:
a) Joseph Arthur 'in the night' (Now we're getting back on track)
b) Clinic 'internal wrangler'

Prom:
a) The Smalls 'domination' (huh...)
b) Big Sugar 'all hell for a basement' (apparently it's going to be an angsty prom)

Life:
a) 'The man who sold the world' sung by Jordi Unga (I love it. Absolutely perfect, it's gonna be a good life)
b) Econoline Crush 'Elegant' (okay, maybe not such a great life)

Mental Breakdown:
a) Chris Bell 'Speed of sound' (a little relaxed for breaking down, but still, it's about being jilted so I suppose it works)
b) Space 'Charlie M' (this is much more fitting for a breakdown)

Driving:
a) the Watchmen 'stereo'
b) Steve Burns 'a snivelling mess'


Flashback:
a) Paul Westerberg 'nowhere man' (only works if the flashback is showing how useless and wasted one's life was)
b) Death Cab for Cutie 'Champagne from a paper cup'

Getting Back Together:
a) The Grapes of Wrath 'I am here' (Fitting song, most definitely)
b) Smashing Pumpkins 'perfect' (what more can I say?)

Wedding:
a) Green day 'nice guys finish last' (oh dear lord. More interesting than my prom)
b) The strokes 'razorblades' (forboding perhaps?)

Birth of Child:
a) Miles Davis 'my ship' (who knew I had this on my ipod? I didn't)
b) The Flaming lips 'Pilot can at the queer of god' (doesn't look good for my child does it?)

Final Battle:
a) The Grapes of Wrath 'see emily play'
b) Ann Reinking in Chicago 'Funny Honey' (much like magnolia, I was wondering when the show tunes would kick in... and also like Magnoia, it had to be in the battle scene didn't it)

Death Scene:
a) The muppets 'ma na ma na' (What a way to go! I'm laughing so hard I'm crying! Not exactly a glamorous way to die now is it?)
b) Daniel Powter 'Give me life' (That's much better)

Funeral Song:
a) Damien Rice 'eskimo' (moving)
b) The Shins 'saint simon' (I'm okay with this one too)

End Credits:
a) hayden 'lullaby' (ah Hayden comes through in the end to close off perfetly!)
b) Damien Rice (again) 'volcano' (one of my favourite songs so I'm happy)

So. In summation: Some extremely fitting songs, some not so much, and I can look forward to my final battle in accordance with show tunes.

1 comment:

Delly Bean said...

I like that the Karate kid is "not much of a fighter."