Sunday, October 08, 2006

My room feels like a room. I have now purchased: a couple of posters to brighten up the walls, (they may be a bit "student", it's a Dali and a Picasso, both which I love, but still it's a little typical. Probably not what I would have chosen given more time and effort to look, but they are colourful), a douvet and cover (again, the cheapest ones I could find, which turned out well because it's actually quite nice), a kettle for tea and a mug. I'm still eating my cereal out of a re-used take-ou container, but it works. I plan on "borrowing" a bowl from the food hall soon.
It also has many books and only a slight lived in feel since I cleaned it and got a bit more organised this morning.
Yay.

I have some good friends in the making, and had my first football/soccer practise today. So that's all well and good as well. I think this will work.
I am still tending to be a bit antisocial in the evenings though. It's just that I almost can't be bothered by going out. I did a couple of time, which was good, or else I would be this person who no one knows who shows up every once in a while looking lost. But on the whole.
Freshers week stuff is finally finished, meaning that it is really, seriously down to work now.
seriously.

right now.

yup.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whenever I need to make a place feel lived in, I avoid laundering. Not bathing works too. This builds up a musty base grime that no bleach can scrub out. The posters are a nice touch though.