Tuesday, October 10, 2006

BIKE!

I got a bike! This is the last of my settling in larger scale purchases, so it's no more spending money for me, but I got a bike! I feel so Cambridgey. Everyone here has a bike, you often see moms with three or four small kids randomly piled on in some anti-gravitational manner, and it is definitely the way to get around. This is not to say that I've disowned my skateboard. I love my skateboard very very much and I've managed to find some very skateboard friendly routes that cut out quite a bit of time, so I plan on still using it. But the bike is definitely quicker, and in the rainy weather is better (especially since rain would eventually ruin my skateboard bearings).
No more justifying the bike...
it is literally the cheapest one I could find but is sturdy and in perfectly good condition, just not all that fancy. I hope to figure out how to put a photo up on this thing so you guys can share in the glory that is the bike. But for now you'll just have to imagine a three speed, womens city bike, that is greyish silver, has no brand name or anything, and is slightly rusty. It's perfect and I love it.

oh yah, and studying's going good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for bike! Um, ok, see if you can take pictures of people carrying ridiculous things on their bikes, including yourself. Like, if they carry their dry cleaning, or walk 10 dogs from their bike, or move furniture. I imagine these incredibly intelligent scholars (read: Isaac Newton) riding around this millenia old university, wearing their academic gowns and carrying an ottoman in their basket. Prove me right Crispy!