Sunday, November 05, 2006

day of guy fawkes

Last night in honour of Guy Fawkes day there were fireworks. And not just fireworks, but an entire mini exhibition! Had I known I would have gone over there sooner and gone on some rides, but it was much to much to busy to bother with them after the fireworks. We did, as we immediately reverted to six year olds who are over stimulated by the lights and loud booms and all the people, succumb to that sugary temptation that is candy floss.
Is there anything better on this world than whipped, artificially flavoured and coloured, sugar in a bag? i severely doubt it.

I think we should have guy Fawkes day in canada too, just as an excuse to be pyrotechnically unstable for one day of the year. And the massive bonfire they had is my goal for next years staff parties...

1 comment:

Kate Mc said...

I'm in. We should definitely try to recreate that.

There was no candy floss in the village, though - there may have been some in York proper... I missed the fireworks this year, although there were a few going off in London occasionally on the 18th! Nothing like people who celebrate early, eh?