Saturday, September 30, 2006



You Know what I like? I like it when things work like they're supposed to. It makes me happy. I'm happy. I managed to get internet connection in my room! It worked! I like it when things work.

Matriculation was fine, you sign a paper. That's it. You line up and sign a paper. Then later we got a group photo of us standing in front of the chapel. I wonder if I can get a copy of that, it might be neat to have. I was, however, in the very last row because of my "B" last name, so who knows if you can even tell it's me.

I'm also happy because I'm feeling a like I'm starting to know the place a little bit more. And it's promising that it's only been one day and I'm already getting my bearings. A little. All it will take is a little bit more wandering and I'll be navigating these cobblestone streets like a pro.
And I'm looking forward to the banquet tonight and the pre-dinner drinks with the classics faculty. I've met a Couple of people, but they're mostly random bumpings into and therefore unlikely or less likely to bump into again, but to meet the others in classics will be good.

And not only do the british like to sing drunkenly, they also like to ring bells. so far not at any inopportune time, but they've been ringing for half an hour already.

1 comment:

Kate Mc said...

Glad you're settling in all right. Give me a shout when you get a mobile, eh?