Sunday, September 03, 2006

hame again home again jiggity jig

So here I am blogging from the comfort of my vey own couch. sitting on my lovely sofa after having put on jeans and a fresh tank top and after having an extremely long extremely superb shower and sleeping in my very own, exeedingly plush bed and waking up to a pancake breakfast. Ooh is it ever good to be home. Now do not get me wrong, I enjoyed my excavation immensely, and while we didn't uncover anything comprable to tutenkamen's tomb, it was grand and interesting and extremely worthwhile. But... is it ever good to be home. For the first time in five weeks I don't smell of sweat, am not covered in a fine layer of dirt mixed with sunscreen, can understand everything that is being said around me, and don't feel like a spectacle. oh yah, and I can flush the toilet paper! Joy!

So now i am looking forward to seeing everyone a much as possible in this next month and enjoying myself terribly before heading off to Cambridge, my next big adventure. I'm trying to give myself a couple of days to et my brain back in order, but am excited to get back to work and to figuringout all that needs figuring out in the next little while.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay! Welcome home, Crispy!

Kate Mc said...

Too bad I can't share your home-coming joy yet! Ah well. Looking forward to crossing paths in October for a day or so.