Saturday, June 10, 2006

the ups and downs of the week


I am apparently not very good at keeping up with the blogging.

we'll start at the beginning of the week. And man have I been grumpy. I really don't have any particular reason to be grumpified, but I have been trying to get out of it. I've just been frustrated by the little things and trying to tell myself that they really are just little things. I have to try and stop controlling things so much and letting go. Just let go. I think it's hard for us when we love a place and what it stands for so much that we hate it when it gets toyed with and in less than pleasing ways. I know it will work out. It will. It has too. I have faith in the world. This goes for the other streets as well.

Wednesday nights' function was fun. I made shell oil people in ties and heels play double ball. Hee Hee.

Thursdays crafting consortium wasn't really crafty at all, but a good time was had by all. I sat and crocheted the entire time. Something very cathartic about the whole thing, you know, having been grumpy and all. Crocheting surrounded by the din of happy people and food. Plus I hadn't crocheted in a while. I've been trying to convince myself that I could be knitty, but alas and alak it is not so. Apparently I'm crochetty (and yes, I'm aware of the double entendre).

I've been serving a bit at Ruthy again, covering shifts for the server who is out of town. Not too busy, especially today, so I didn't mind so much. It was kind of nice to do it again for a bit, wax nostalgic and all that. Plus I got myself organized, with files and all that so I feel like I'm actually starting to really do my job there. We also have a new go-to/Pb girl who seem competent, sane, and a good fit. Yay!

Last night I was shopping with a friend B who told me of the unfortunate passing of our dear Bill. He shouldn't tell me these things while driving... I agree with Delly Bean whe she says that he was spared the indignity of suffering but plan very much so to attend the hymn sing tomorrow in the hopes of celebrate him by celebrating what he loved.

No comments: