Sunday, June 18, 2006

got our asses handed to us


Boy did we lose at soccer today.
They scored like 3 goals in the first five minutes or so. After that we managed to hold them to only one or two more, but still. And the great thing is that I really don't care. I mean it would be nice to win one this season, which I have no doubt that we will. But I really just have so much fun running around that I don't care. It's a good group of girls (for the most part) so I'm happy. It's really just such a release to go out and think of nothing but the ball for a couple of hours and get nice and sweaty.

It was especially good because I had a minimal run in with an SS that frustrated me after having a very good day. I refuse to blog about it because it is minimal and after talking with T I am no longer all that mad and I don't want to spread the way I felt nor go back to it myself. All will be good. All is happiness and love. uhhh... yah.

Anyhoo... I've decided to start a list called "you know you're an overly historic historical interpreter when...". Feel free to add/modify as I only have a few for now:

1. The use of photocopies in the Fort is only made worse when the edges have been slighly torn and burnt in an attempt to "oldefy" them.
2. you refuse to wear gardening gloves even when weeding an entire field covered with huge ass thistle.
3. You're heart cries a little when someone in costume drinks from the water fountain.
4. Someone comments on the disgust registering on your face at the sight of a "Old West" looking sign at the door of an Edwardian mansion.

Good start, no?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

1. sorry your ass was handed to you, but its good you can see it positively
2. everyone (and i mean many besides myself) have been having run ins with the SS, so again, Im pleased you can look at it positively.
3. Nothing wrong with being an history nut. Its what keeps you from wearing an apron in front of the Lt. Gov.

Kate Mc said...

You can even just let the tea-soaked paper hang to dry :)

The thing is, though, paper in 1846 that was being written on in 1846 wouldn't look old. It would look pulpy and probably be pretty thin and tear easily, because quality wasn't that great, but it wouldn't look old.

Can you tell I've been spending way too much time with old books lately?