Monday, January 22, 2007






Yup. Magnolia was right.




The little roses didn't even give me a chance to kill them before they died. It's okay though. I never really felt a connection with them. They were too delicate and, though very pretty, also very sharp. They didn't feel like they needed love, they were already too pretty to care.

It doesn't look too bad in the photo, and really it wasn't all dead just yet, but it was crumpling and disintigrating and it had brought in a few little buggy things. So I got a different one. This one I am assured will be easy to care for and will produce some lovely flowers. I like it better already. Simple and easy going. Just what I like.



And the essays are going fine. A little bit of trouble considering about 75% of my necessary sources are in another language. You know that you're in trouble when you are happy to find one in french or italian let alone english. I've said it once, I'll say it again, and most likely I'll say it many more times in the near future... Stupid German. (Sorry Bonobo).



4 comments:

Magnolia said...

Yeah, those roses are dumb. Looks like a bulb kind of a plant now? A hyacinth or a daffodil maybe? Harbingers of spring!

Crispy said...

i forgot to mention, oops. it's called a narcissus tete-a-tete. and the flowers look an awful lot like daffodils so you are very close on your guess. It's supposed to die after it flowers, but it will probably take at least a little while to do so.

Joanne said...

Deutsch, Deutsh, ich liebe dich.
Lesen und surfen meine hobbys sind.
Ich spreche schlechten Deutsch,
bin ich ein kind?

Magnolia said...

Oooh, and then you can take the bulbs and plant them somewhere, so next spring, wherever you are, you'll know that you created a tiny piece of English contryside.