Monday, January 15, 2007

settling in

Ahhhh.


My books are beginning to pile.


My mess is beginning to accumulate.


My food is stocked.


My life is starting to get back to being solid.

Watch and in a little while I'll be bored with it, but it's a nice thought right now to have some sort of consistent space for a while. Plus now it's a space with a plant!




I really wanted to pick up something alive to cheer the place up a bit, something to share my glad time and my woes. If I can't have some sort of animal, a plant is the next best thing right? Better than talking to myself isn't it? Slightly less crazy? And it's a rose, so now I can stop and smell the roses almost any time I want!


Here's hoping I don't kill it immediately

1 comment:

Magnolia said...

Okay, I don't want to stress you out, but those little roses are tricky. I've tried them twice. . . they don't like to live. They have a death wish. So dude, don't beat yourself up if it croaks. . . it's a suicidal plant. If it's bound and determined to die, it'll die.