Sunday, March 11, 2007

vice journal

Though I realise that continually recording my vices may not be an extremely positive way of looking at the world, I think it will help. So I've decided to keep a journal of sorts that will help me get myself in order.
I have a horrible tendency to forget things, my brain is odd in that I'm not stupid, but I have a very difficult getting things in there and keeping them there. I can learn stuff and test well, but I can't hold onto the information for very long after. Or if something is mentioned or I see something one day and it doesn't have a direct consequence for what I am doing presently I don't bother to remember it. This journal is an attempt to help me learn stuff that people should just generally know. For example: Roman numerals (I never really learnt roman numerals, so I put them in there); Names of people (in particular any one who is mentioned in regards to the academic world I'm in that I should know); singers that I want to hear; authors/books that I want to read; facts that I learnt (new words is a biggy here); the general idea of books that I did read... the list goes on. Basically anythinthat I can, and do forget. I want to train my brain to start remembering things and actively make it a point to remember things better.

I thought since I'm also worried about the weight I've been gaining here it would be a good idea to keep a food journal, at least for awhile. What I eat, why I eat it.

Also, since it's my first time being out of the house and financially strapped, i think i should be keepg a closer eye on the spendature than I have been doing, so maybe keeping a record of what I spend so I can analyse it and make a better budget.

All in all, a journal of vices in hopes that by recognising them in a physical, concrete format I can rule them, and not have them rule me.

And I thought I'd blog about it so that I would actually do it.

Here's hoping it helps.

No comments: